Solarez EPS Softboard and Bodyboard Repair Kit - EPS Core Safe
Designed to repair all EPS Core Softboards, Bodyboards and SUPs. Tough, clear, ultra-flexible and waterproof. Styrofoam & EPS-Core constructed soft surfboards, bodyboards and SUPs have become quite popular these days but provide a real challenge to repair. SPONGE-REZ is awesome for repair on the outer skin and hull, but can melt the inner core, if EPS. Our Solarez EPOXY UV-Cure does not melt the inner core, and can act as a super-quick primer so you can apply SPONGE-REZ on top. Internal repairs such as delaminations or deep dings can then be repaired.
Note: SPONGE-REZ on it's own can be used to seal a wetsuit.
Solarez EPS Repair Kit Features:
- For all EPS core Softboards and Bodyboards
- Solarez EPOXY protects the EPS core from melting (Blue tube)
- Apply SPONGE-REZ over EPOXY to give a smooth, flexible finish
Directions for filling a deep ding:
- If white EPS foam is exposed in any situation, first coat the EPS with Solarez EPOXY (in the blue tube). Allow 2 to 3 minutes for it to cure in good sunlight or with artificial UV light.
- Now you can apply SPONGE-REZ to this surface and it will make a smooth, self-leveling overcoat.
Directions for fixing a delamination:
- Apply Solarez EPOXY (in the blue tube) to the white EPS foam, spread it smooth and allow 2 to 3 minutes exposure to sunlight.
- Apply a smooth coating of SPONGE-REZ to the cured Solarez EPOXY and apply a smooth coat to the delaminated hull or deck material.
- Allow both sides to dry about 5-10 minutes, then press them together. It is best if you seal the repair shut with masking tape and allow it to sit overnight.
Directions for sealing a wetsuit:
- Apply two lines of masking tape 1/8” (3mm) away from the seam centre so you now have a 1/4″ (6mm) gutter with the seam in the middle.
- IN THE SHADE, apply a liberal bead of SPONGE-REZ, enough so that it floods the gap. Allow it to soak in for 30 seconds.
- Remove the tape while the resin is still wet.
- Allow to cure at least 2 hours before using.
|Type||Surfboard Repair Kit|
|Unit Of Measure||ea|