Mullet Softboard Fat Cat 4Ft8 Soft Surfboard. Well, never thought we'd see the day we'd tell you a 4'8" softboard could be the most versatile in your quiver. The Fat Cat soft surfboard was designed purely to make small waves fun again. It is based on the theory of a "planing hull" and is similar to a Mini Simmons style template. This means you can get exceptional down the line speed off the weakest of sections. Combined with the twin keel fins, this makes it the ideal board for spinning and sliding through sloppy summer waves or long weak point breaks. Goes pretty good finless too! Fat Cat is ideal for riders up to 85kg.
What if the waves get hollow? No problems. This shape now seems to be our team riders go-to board for slabby waves, whether its perfect 4 foot peaks, or a 2 foot close-out shoreys. Putting your foot on the inside peg of the crescent tail gives plenty of hold when required, while the shorter length allows it to easily fit in the curve of smaller hollower waves. Being kinda bulky up front means you don't lose any paddle power either.
If that's not enough, we have even had people use it for bodyboarding, kneeboarding, kitesurfing, skimboarding, sandboarding, wake surfing & foiling. Let us know if there's anything to add to the list. To top it off, it's not gunna snap, and it's not going to hurt you, so no excuses for holding back!
Best thing about the Fat Cat - As its not a traditional shape, its hard to take yourself too seriously when riding a Fat Cat. So, whatever conditions you choose to ride your Fatty in, or whether your surfing good or bad, we guarantee it'll be the soft surfboard you have the most fun on.
*** FREE SHIPPING AUSTRALIA WIDE ***
Mullet Soft Surfboard Features:
- Size: 4'8" x 21 3/4" x 2 7/16" (35L)
- Core: Moulded Fusion X (EPS)
- Deck: 10lb PE
- Slick: Xtra Duralinx
- Tail: Clipped Crescent
- Stringer: 2 X Fibreglass Reinforced Bamboo Stringers
- Fins: Keel Twin Fin (Fins Included)
Do fins come with the soft surfboard?
- Yes. All boards come with a pair of Soft Fins suitable for learning or to use between the flags. If you want to use hard fins, you will have to purchase these separately. Mullet Softboards have a special Bones and Shanks Fin System that makes it quick and easy to install and remove fins. This fin system is also compatible with other fin two tab systems - many riders take advantage of this by using harder fins as the improve or if they are more experienced.
Does the board come with a leash?
- No. Leashes need to be purchased separately.
Do I need to wax my board?
- Yes, although they generally don't require as much wax as a fibreglass board. The softboards can be a bit slippery when first taken out of the plastic, so a good wash off with fresh water and a decent coat of wax will help. After this, just a light coating every few surfs, where your chest and feet go will suffice.
|Unit of measure||ea|